Mimi’s Teahouse Ltd, a private company limited by shares registered in Scotland with company number SC375619 and having its registered office at Floor 3, 1-4 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 8HA.
1. Important information and who we are
This website is intended for visitors to our website, customers and any other persons from whom we may collect personal data.
This policy ensures that we meet the Data Protection Principles which require us to ensure that personal information we collect shall be:
- handled fairly and lawfully
- kept and used only for limited purposes
- required for a valid legal reason
- correct and up to date
- handled confidentially
- stored securely
- not transferred to unapproved countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who we are
Mimi’s is a bakery who also sells to customers online. We are the controller and responsible for your personal data.
Full name of legal entity: Mimi’s Teahouse Ltd (company number SC375619).
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: [Mimi’s Bakehouse, Unit 2, 57 West Harbour Road, Edinburgh, EH5 1PP]
Registered office: Floor 3, 1-4 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 8HA.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
By purchasing our goods on our website, using our website or by providing your personal information, you understand that we will collect and use your information in the ways set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our website or purchase goods on our website.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
We collect personal data directly from you including:
Personal information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and payment information.
We will also collect information you voluntarily provide us with when you contact us with queries, complaints or feedback regarding our services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
Other sources of personal data:
We will receive personal data about you from third parties as set our below:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address from third party booking platforms.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Depending on your relationship with us, we need to collect, hold and process personal data about you in order to:
- Where you are a customer: to provide goods and services to you, to enable us to manage customer service interactions with you, to verify your identity
- Where you are a supplier, partner, professional advisor or other third party: enter into and perform contracts and engagements, to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate interests or those of another party.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Please be advised that we do not use any automated decision mechanisms in relation to personal data.
4. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
- In certain circumstances we may share personal data with our professional advisors.
- Data will be visible to service providers who provide us with support and other services essential to the functioning of our business. These persons will be data processors, and at the date of this policy, are the following third parties:
- Delivery companies
- Booking system provider
- Payment provider
- Ecommerce platform provider
- Procurement software provider
- Accounts software provider
- Our business customers
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. How we protect your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. How we store personal data, and the periods for which we store it
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Section 8 (Your legal rights) below for further information.
7. International transfers
Some of our external third parties are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection afforded to it by ensuring that we will:
- only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
8. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the accuracy of the data.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights please contact us at email@example.com
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month from the day on which we receive a request. All requests will be considered carefully, and we will endeavour to comply with all legitimate requests so far as possible. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
This policy will be reviewed as appropriate and updated when required.