Baking with Mimi... Sunblushed Tomato and Rosemary loaf
This is a must for the autumn days fast approaching. Perfect to go with a bowl of homemade soup or even as a sandwich! Share you baking creations with us with #bakingwithmimi Love, Gillian x
Sunblushed Tomato and Rosemary Loaf
500g Plain Strong Flour
80g Sunblushed Tomatoes (finely choped)
10g Fresh yeast
- Melt the butter in a jug, add the milk before adding 300ml with warm (NOT boiling!) water.
- Add the yeast, using your fingers rub the yeast into the liquid mix.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, herbs, sunblushed tomatoes and salt.
- Add in the liquid and mix well until it comes away from the sides to form a ball.
- Put the dough into a large bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Knead the dough and shape into a loaf. Place the bread onto a well floured baking tray and score with a knife before lightly during with flour.
- Place in the oven, make sure there is enough room above for the bread to rise. Bake for 27 minutes.
- Once baked, place on a wire rack straight away, to make sure you don't get a soggy bottom! Leave to cool before cutting.
Leave a Reply