Baking with Mimi... Spooky Pumpkin Cupcakes
We have raided Mimi's top secret recipe book and have found the perfect way to impress your little treat or treaters this Halloween. Our pumpkin cupcakes are very scrummy and have been a hit with everyone here at Mimi's. Make sure to take a picture of your spooky witches and ghosts enjoying theirs and tag us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Love, Gillian x
For cupcake mix:
480g Self Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground cinnamon
½ Ground nutmeg
½ Ground ginger
400g Granulated sugar
200g Light brown sugar
240g Vegetable oil
425g Pumpkin puree
2 tsp Vanilla extract
For cream cheese frosting:
450g Cream cheese
100g Unsalted butter
280g Icing sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas mark 5.
- Mix together the SR flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown and caster sugar before adding in the vegetable oil. Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Once mixed, fold in the flour mix until smooth.
- Put cupcake cases in a cupcake tin, fill each case ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20 – 24 minutes until spongey to touch.
- Whilst baking, whip together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy. Add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract, mix well. Once mixed well, place in the fridge for 30 minutes and occasionally mix.
- Once baked, leave the cupcakes to cool. Once cool, pipe or spread the cream cheese frosting on the top and for an extra Halloween touch decorate with ghoulish goodies.
Leave a Reply