Baking with Mimi... Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
We love cookies here at Mimi's either red velvet or our delicious hazelnut chocolate chip. They are the perfect treat to along with your coffee or evening supper. To make them even more indulgent, sandwich them together with vanilla ice cream, you won't regret it. Love, Gillian x
Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
140g Chocolate hazelnut spread
200g Unsalted butter, softened
120g Dark brown sugar
60g Caster sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
240g Plain flour
2 tsp Corn flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
180g Milk chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, corn flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and put aside.
- Beat together the butter, hazelnut spread, brown sugar, caster sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Once mixed, add in the flour and chocolate chips then mix well until smooth.
- Cover bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, preheat the oven to 160C/320F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place grease-proof paper on a baking tray
- Using a heaped tablespoon measure out 16 portions, then roll the dough into balls. Place each ball an inch apart on the tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the edges are set and the top starts to brown.
- Once baked, leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray and enjoy!
Mimi’s top tip: Decorate by drizzling melted hazelnut spread on top.
Leave a Reply