Baking with Mimi... Apple and Pecan Crunch Muffins
Autumn has well and truly arrived here at Mimi's! Our apple and pecan crunch muffins cannot only be found at our Little Bakehouse or featured in our Beforenoon Tea down at The Shore but now also in your kitchen! They are very scrummy so get baking. Love, Gillian x
Apple and Pecan Crunch Muffins
For muffin mix:
240g Plain flour
240g Caster sugar
1 Bramley apple (peeled and diced)
2.5 teaspoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
80g Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
3 Tablespoon plain flour
3 Tablespoon melted butter
60g Demerara sugar
100g Chopped pecans
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F/ Gas mark 5.
- To make the topping, combine the flour, melted butter, demerara sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl until mixed well and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, eggs and buttermilk with a wooden spoon. Once mixed slowly add in the melted butter.
- Then add the diced apple and mix. Watch to not over mix the mixture to ensure the muffins rise!
- Divide the mix evenly into muffin cases (you should get between 8-12 muffins).
- Evenly spread the topping mix over the muffins and put in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once baked, leave to cool and enjoy!
Mimi's Top Tip: Goes perfectly with a cinnamon latte
Leave a Reply