Baking with Mimi... Chocolate and Lime Torte
This is one for all the gluten free Mimi's fans out there. Our Chocolate and Lime Torte has been a well loved favourite at our Bakehouse so we thought we'd share our secret. Enjoy the richness of the dark chocolate and the zingy kick from the lime!
Love, Gillian x
Chocolate and Lime Torte (Gluten Free)
- 6 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 500g gluten free flour
- 150g dark chocolate
- 150g unsalted butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 lime - zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320F/ Gas mark 4.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar until it has doubled in volume.
- Melt Chocolate and butter over a pan of boiling water until smooth.
- Fold chocolate and butter mix into egg mixture.
- Sieve the cocoa powder into the mix. Fold until mixed.
- Add ground almonds, lime juice and lime zest, mix well.
- Line the base of a spring form tin and pour mix in.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Take out the oven and allow to cool. At first it will be high however it will sink.
- Dust the top with icing sugar and for an extra zing grate some extra lime zest on top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply